Bath time is one of the most relaxing, tranquil times a person can experience in their bathroom. Cleaning the bath...not so much. Keeping your bath clean is an essential aspect of bathroom suite maintenance. As baths are frequently used by all members of the family, it is essential to ensure they remain clean, clear spaces in order to prevent the build-up of grime and unhygienic compounds such as mould and mildew. It is recommended that you clean your bath at least once a week. If you frequent the bath less, you might be able to get by with cleaning it less often.
The majority of baths can be cleaned in the same way. Certain baths, such as whirlpool baths, may require extra care and attention due to the various nooks and crannies present and the generally larger size. You’ll also have to clear out all of the dirty matter collected by the water jets. Here are our tips to clean your bath in a quick, smart and convenient way:
Step by Step guide to a Clean Bath:
- 1. Many people’s bathrooms become places of clutter. The more lotions and potions you crowd around your tub, the greater the likelihood of dirty surfaces. It’s better to minimise the clutter by only putting out body washes, shampoos and conditioners that you currently use. Store the rest in a cabinet or on bathroom shelves. Often, less is more. This effectively saves you a lot of time having to clean spillages and residues from everyday products.
- 2. There are numerous concoctions and cleaners that you can use for a pure, fresh clean. There are a myriad of extensive cleaning products available on the market but you can also create your own cleaner using household ingredients such as vinegar and washing up liquid for a cost effective, less abrasive solution. The potent odour of vinegar can be concealed by adding a few drops of essential oils or fragrance to ensure your bath smells, as well as looks, dazzling. After all, no-one wants to get in a bath that smells of vinegar!
- 3. Pour your solution into a spray pump bottle for added ease and spritz it over the entirely of your bathtub. You can use a sponge or rag to give the bath a thorough, intensive clean. Mineral deposits and soap scum can easily be eradicated with this simple, efficient cleaning strategy.
- 4. Persistent stains require patience. As always, cleaning and allowing the product to soak the stain for a period of time helps you rub it away more effectively.
- 5.After you have thoroughly scrubbed your bath with product, all you need to do is give it a good rinse to wash all of the product away and let it dry.
- 6. Allow your bath to fill with about an inch of warm water and spray the sides with your cleaning solution. You can then sponge the solution into the sides of the bath, and when you let the water run, you can clean the bottom of the bath in the process.
- 7. Finally, you might wish to rub your bath clean with a towel or rag.